- STERIS Corporation
- $40,940.00 -68,190.00/year*
10 Howard St
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The position of Senior Maintenance Technician is a hands-on position that oversees and participates in the maintenance, repair and improvement of facility equipment, machinery, buildings and safety systems (hereinafter referred to asEquipment).This shall include the responsibility of maintaining shop tools and inventory, and keeping the department's CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) updated and current. The position must be proficient in the requirements of the Maintenance Technician and Project Technician positions and may be required to provide training to the technicians in these roles. The position shall support management and help promote a team environment. This opportunity is 2nd SHIFT (3 p.m. - 11 p.m.) and ON-CALL WEEKENDS.
* Performs regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on Equipment.
* Plans and coordinates resources for any unplanned repairs of the Equipment.
* Ensures all paperwork for planned and unplanned Equipment maintenance is completed properly and entered into the department's CMMS.
* Reviews preventative maintenance tasks for effectiveness and recommends any changes to management.
* Supports and follows the Preventive Maintenance Program developed for his/her facility.
* Enforces safety practices such as Lockout/Tagout and proper use of PPE by him/her self and by other technicians in the department.
* Recommends skills improvement training for his/her self and/or other technicians in the department that will improve the skill set needed to improve equipment performance.
* Seeks ways to improve the company's safety systems and applications.
* Participates in the resolution of facility Equipment issues.
Duties - cont'd
* Seeks ways to improve Equipment performance and cost savings.
* Ability to direct outside contractors.
* Ensures Equipment calibrations are performed on time using established procedures, and promptly notifying management in the event an anomaly is discovered.
* Can be available to respond to maintenance calls off shift if assistance is needed and must be available for overtime as needed.
* Supports the principles and aspects of the TPM program to maintain the current levels of achievement.
* Actively participates in continuous improvement programs.
* Performs other duties as needed.
* Contributes to team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in theSTERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP and other directives; supporting the directives and decisions of higher level management; accomplishing other duties as assigned.
* Supports the Isomedix business imperatives of Business Growth, Operational Excellence, Leadership Excellence and Customer Focus, with Safety at the core, by acting with integrity, treating everyone with mutual respect,exhibiting a genuine commitment to the success of all employees, and delivering satisfaction to our Customers through teamwork, innovation and continuous improvement; this will be accomplished while acting safely and is defined as \"The STERIS Way.\"
* Exhibits a commitment to the Isomedix shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the customer's needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for customer satisfaction, and satisfying the customer's needs with a sense of urgency.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Requires a minimum of three to five years of related experience.
* Requires ability to read, interpret and practically apply electrical ladder diagrams and mechanical blueprints.
* Requires working knowledge of PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) or other types of process control equipment.
* Requires ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
* Requires ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
* Requires computer skills and word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
* Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
* Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 3 math skills (ratios, proportions, basic algebra) to determine organizational Customer and regulatory problems to formulate corrective action plans.
* Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
* Requires normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) ###.####. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by ? 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Medical, Maintenance, Technician, Electrical, Inspector, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering, Quality
Associated topics: calibrate, customer service, diagnose, field service technician, maintenance, maintenance technician, millwright, repair, service technician, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...